General terms and conditions of sale
Preliminary Article: Definition of the terms of the contract
In the following, the terms below will have the following meaning:
"Client" refers to a natural person of legal age who has full legal capacity at the time of signing the reservation contract, or a legal entity duly represented by a natural person with legal capacity to represent it.
"Hotel": refers to the Hotel Duquesne Eiffel.
"Website": electronic service operated by HOTEL DUQUESNE on the Internet and accessible at the address indicated in the preamble hereto.
"Reservation Platform": electronic service connected to the Website and enabling online reservations to be made for the Hotel Duquesne Eiffel.
1. HOTEL DUQUESNE SA (Société anonyme), registered under SIREN number 552143463, registered with the Paris Trade and Companies Register and located at 23 Avenue Duquesne 75007 Paris, operates the following reservation website:
This website presents the Hotel Duquesne Eiffel and enables you to book rooms and hotel services for it.
These GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE therefore apply to the aforementioned website.
2. The Customer acknowledges that he/she has been provided with all the information required to make his/her choice and proceed with his/her reservation on this website:
It is agreed that :
- These general terms and conditions of sale apply to all reservations made on the Internet Site
by an individual customer.
- These general terms and conditions of sale are not intended to apply to professional customers
who have ratified a specific contract.
3. Any reservation made via the Website implies consultation and full and unreserved acceptance of
of these general terms and conditions of sale as well as the terms and conditions of sale of the fare booked, as expressly mentioned in the description of the fare selected at the time of booking.
4. The Customer's acceptance of these general terms and conditions of sale and of the fare's terms and conditions of sale is definitive once he/she has ticked the box when making a reservation on the website; no reservation is possible without this agreement.
5. The Customer acknowledges that he/she fully understands these general terms and conditions, written in French and English, and that he/she has full legal capacity to enter into commitments under these general terms and conditions.
6. The Website contains the following information:
- Precise identification of the Duquesne Eiffel hotel;
- The essential characteristics of the accommodation offered by the Hotel
- The additional and optional services offered,
- Photographs for information purposes only,
- Prices inclusive of all taxes, excluding tourist tax,
- The amount of the tourist tax as applied by the administrative authorities and is
subject to change
- The conditions of sale for the rate booked,
- The terms of payment,
- These general terms and conditions of sale,
- The period of validity of the offer and its price.
7. The Customer declares that this booking is made for his/her strictly personal needs. In view of their status as consumers, they have specific rights, which would be called into question if the services booked were not for personal use.
8. All the information accessible on the Website and these general terms and conditions of sale are presented in French and English.
II. Purpose :
1. These general terms and conditions of sale define the rights and obligations of the parties with regard to reservations made on the Duquesne Eiffel Hotel website.
2. The Client acknowledges having read these general terms and conditions of sale and the terms and conditions of sale of the rate booked, which are accessible and available at all times on the Website. They accept them unreservedly.
1. These general terms and conditions of sale apply for as long as the Hotel Duquesne Eiffel services are online.
2. HOTEL DUQUESNE SA reserves the right, without prior notice or compensation, to make changes to these general terms and conditions of sale, or to temporarily or permanently close the website or the online reservation area. We therefore invite you to consult them regularly.
These general terms and conditions of sale are valid on the date of the Customer's reservation.
If a later version appears after the Customer has made a reservation, these conditions will not apply to the Customer's reservation.
3. HOTEL DUQUESNE SA shall not be liable for any damage of any kind that may result from these modifications and/or from the temporary unavailability or permanent closure of all or part of the Site or the services associated with it, such as the online reservation area.
IV. Reservations :
1. The Customer acknowledges that he/she has made his/her reservation with full knowledge of the facts and that he/she has obtained all the necessary information to this effect. The reservation of a room is reserved for individuals of legal age and capacity. By booking a room with the Hotel Duquesne Eiffel, the Client expressly declares that he/she meets these conditions.
2. The Client may reserve, on the Website, on a personal basis only, a maximum number of 4 rooms for the same date. Any reservation for a greater number of rooms will be subject to the conditions applicable by HOTEL DUQUESNE SA to Group reservations, thus excluding the application of these general terms and conditions of sale.
Where applicable, the Customer undertakes to contact the Hotel Duquesne Eiffel sales department by e-mail or telephone in order to find out about the specific conditions for group bookings and to complete such a booking.
3. The Customer is solely responsible for his/her choice of services and their suitability for his/her needs, and HOTEL DUQUESNE SA may not be held liable in this respect.
4. The reservation is deemed to have been accepted by the Customer at the end of the reservation process.
5. All reservations are nominative and may under no circumstances be transferred to a third party, whether free of charge or in return for payment. Any reservation made for a third party must be made in the name of the third party holding the holiday.
V. Booking process :
1. The Customer may reserve a room via the reservation platform on the Website, which can be accessed by clicking on the "Reserve" button.
2. The Customer specifies the dates of their stay and the number of people who wish to stay. They can then choose the type of room and additional services according to their needs and select the rate offered for the date(s) selected.
3. The Customer can then confirm their choice by clicking on the "Book" button after having read the full description of the corresponding room(s) and the services included.
4. The Customer is then invited to fill in a form with all his/her personal details and those of the people staying at the hotel. They must then enter their bank details in order to guarantee payment on arrival. The Client certifies that the information provided is true and accurate.
5. The Client is then invited to confirm his/her reservation after having read and accepted the general terms and conditions of sale of the selected rate and the confidentiality policy of the reservation platform.
7. The booking is confirmed. The Customer accesses a page containing a summary of their booking. A booking confirmation is sent by e-mail to the e-mail address given by the Customer on the form.
VI. Cancellation or amendment conditions :
1. If the Customer has booked a non-cancellable and non-refundable fare, he/she may not cancel the booking under any circumstances and may not claim any refund, even if he/she so requests.
2. If the Customer has booked a flexible fare, they may cancel or modify their booking in accordance with the general conditions of sale of the fare selected at the time of booking.
3. Cancellation or modification of a booking may incur any charges indicated in the general conditions of sale of the fare selected at the time of booking.
4. In order to cancel or modify a reservation, the Customer must contact the Hotel, whose contact details can be found on the Web Site.
5. In the event of an exceptional event or the impossibility of making the reserved room available to the Customer, in the event of force majeure for example, the Hotel Duquesne Eiffel may offer the Customer a room of a higher standard than the one reserved or an accommodation solution in a Hotel of at least an equivalent category.
6. In accordance with article L. 221-28 of the French Consumer Code, the Customer is reminded that he/she does not have the right of withdrawal provided for in article L. 221-18 of the French Consumer Code. The Customer is also reminded that the terms and conditions of sale for the fare booked and accepted by the Customer specify the terms and conditions for cancelling and/or modifying the booking.
VII. Stay at the Hotel Duquesne Eiffel
1. Upon arrival at the Hotel Duquesne Eiffel, the Client may be asked to complete a police form. To do this, the Client must present a valid form of identification in order to check whether or not the Hotel needs to complete the police form.
Important note: If the Customer fails to present a valid form of identification upon arrival, the Hotel reserves the right to cancel the Customer's reservation outright. Under no circumstances will the Hotel be obliged to pay the Customer any compensation.
3. The Customer accepts and undertakes to make reasonable use of the room and common areas of the Hotel made available to him/her. Any behaviour that is contrary to the principles of safety and/or hygiene, public decency and/or public order may lead the Hotel Owner to ask the Customer to leave the establishment immediately without any compensation and/or without any reimbursement if payment has already been made.
4. Any damage caused by the Customer in the reserved room or in the common areas of the Hotel may be billed directly to the Customer in the amount of the damage observed. Any object missing from the reserved room and duly noted by the Hotel will be invoiced directly for its value.
5. All hotel rooms are non-smoking. Penalties equal to a maximum of the price of the first night booked may be applied if the Client does not comply with the ban on smoking in his/her room.
6. The Hôtel Duquesne Eiffel has Internal Regulations for the use of its Customers. The Customer accepts and undertakes to comply with said rules. Should the Customer fail to comply with any of the provisions of the Internal Regulations, the Hotel Owner may ask the Customer to leave the establishment. Under no circumstances shall the Hotel be obliged to pay the Customer any compensation.
7. The Hotel provides, free of charge, unsupervised communal areas and facilities to which only Hotel Guests have access, unless otherwise agreed by the Hotel Management, which reserves the right to do so.
The use of these facilities and their equipment is the sole and entire responsibility of the Clients, who have free access to them, but only during opening hours.
Unaccompanied minors may not access the facilities alone.
In the event of the malfunction of any equipment or access to which is suspended or impossible for any reason whatsoever, the Customer may not claim any prejudice or compensation from the Hotel. Should the Customer fail to comply with any of these provisions, the Hotel may ask the Customer to leave the establishment. Under no circumstances shall the Hotel be obliged to pay the Customer any compensation.
8. The Customer may occupy the room from 3.00 pm on the first day of the reservation. They must leave the room by 12:00 on the last day of their reservation. Failure to do so will result in an additional night being charged. The Client may enter and leave the hotel 24 hours a day. They will then be asked to leave the room keys at reception.
The Customer may request access to his/her room before 3 p.m. on the day of arrival or to keep his/her room after 12 p.m. on the day of departure. This service must be booked on site with the hotel staff for an additional fee and subject to availability.
9. The Duquesne Eiffel hotel complies with regulations relating to the reception of persons with reduced mobility.
10. The Duquesne Eiffel hotel does not accept pets.
11. Special sales conditions may apply for stays of more than 6 nights.
VIII. Guarantees :
The Hotel is bound by the guarantee of conformity of services, under the conditions set out in Articles L.212-1 et seq. of the French Consumer Code.
IX. Liability :
1. The photographs presented on the website are not contractually binding. Although every effort is made to ensure that the photographs, graphic representations and texts reproduced to illustrate the hotels presented give as accurate an idea as possible of the accommodation services offered, variations may occur, particularly due to changes in furniture or possible renovations. The Customer may not claim any compensation for this.
2. In accordance with the laws and regulations governing intellectual property rights, the use and/or reproduction of all or part of the elements making up the Hotel Duquesne Eiffel offers on the Website are strictly prohibited.
3. HOTEL DUQUESNE SA shall not be held liable for any indirect damage resulting from these terms and conditions, in particular caused by a third party, the Customer or the Hotel Duquesne Eiffel's partners.
4. Hypertext links may lead to sites other than the Hotel Duquesne Eiffel site, which declines all responsibility for the content of these sites and the services offered. HOTEL DUQUESNE SA has implemented measures to protect and secure its information system against malicious acts. However, connecting to the website and making a reservation implies that the Customer is aware of and accepts the characteristics and limits of the Internet. The lack of protection of certain data against possible misappropriation or piracy or the risk of contamination by any viruses circulating on the network. HOTEL DUQUESNE SA declines all liability in the event of misuse or incident related to the use of the computer or any medium allowing access to the Internet, maintenance or malfunction of the website or any other technical connection and the sending of information to an incorrect address.
5. Any reservation or payment that is irregular, inoperative, incomplete or fraudulent for a reason attributable to the Customer will result in the cancellation of the reservation at the Customer's expense, without prejudice to any civil or criminal action against the Customer.
6. When making a reservation and during their stay, the Customer undertakes to behave reasonably and not to cause any harm whatsoever to members of the Hotel team or to third parties present in the Hotel. Any such behaviour may result in the Hotel evicting the Customer from the Hotel without the Customer being able to claim any right to compensation.
X. Prices :
1. The prices relating to the reservation of services are indicated before and at the time of reservation.
2. The prices indicated are per room for the number of person(s) and date(s) at the time they are selected.
3. Prices are confirmed to the Client inclusive of all taxes and exclusive of tourist tax, in the hotel's commercial currency, and are valid only for the period indicated on the site.
4. The total amount of the reservation is payable on site upon the Client's arrival at the hotel.
5. The Client's credit card will be requested at the time of booking in order to guarantee payment of the reservation.
6. The tourist tax indicated for each rate is payable directly to the hotel. It is subject to change.
7. Prices take into account the VAT applicable on the date of the order and any change in the VAT rate will automatically be reflected in the prices indicated on the date of invoicing.
8. Any modification or introduction of new legal or regulatory taxes imposed by the competent authorities will automatically be reflected in the prices indicated on the date of invoicing.
9. When the Customer's reservation is confirmed, the total amount of the order will be indicated.
10. If the price indicated at the time of reservation is manifestly derisory, or if, by error, the price indicated was lower than the prices usually charged by the profession for an equivalent service, the Hotel reserves the right to cancel the reservation purely and simply, without being able to charge any additional costs to this effect.
11. All reservations, regardless of their origin, are payable in the hotel's local currency, unless special arrangements are indicated on site.
12. Any extras and/or compensation for damage or missing objects/furniture will be debited directly from the bank account corresponding to the credit card details provided by the Client at the time of booking. In this respect, the Hotel hereby informs the Customer that his/her bank details will be retained from the time the reservation is confirmed. The Hotel reserves the right to use these details for as long as is necessary to fulfil the terms of these conditions of sale. The Customer is informed in advance of the details and amount of any deductions that will be made from his/her account in the event of any deterioration observed at the end of his/her stay.
XI. Payment :
1. Except where special conditions or rates have been selected, the Client must provide his/her bank details as a guarantee for the reservation, by credit or debit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express), indicating the card number, the date of validity and the visual cryptogram directly in the area provided for this purpose (please note that the bank card used must be valid at the time of the stay). On the day of arrival at the Hotel, the Customer must present the bank card used to guarantee the reservation or to make the prepayment. The Hotel Duquesne Eiffel may also ask the Customer to present a valid form of identification in order to prevent credit card fraud.
Important note: If the Client fails to present a valid form of identification upon arrival, the hotel reserves the right to cancel the reservation outright. Under no circumstances will the Hotel be obliged to pay the Client any compensation.
2. Payment must be made at the Hotel reception upon the Client's arrival. The only authorised methods of payment are those indicated on the Web Site at the time of reservation.
3. At the time of payment, the amount debited at the time of booking includes: the price of the accommodation, the taxes relating to the accommodation, the price of the restaurant, the taxes relating to the restaurant and any additional services selected by the Client, excluding tourist tax and/or any other tax due as a result of the Client's stay in the hotel.
XII. Personal data :
1. The Customer is informed, on each of the personal data collection forms, of the compulsory or optional nature of the answers by the presence of an asterisk.
2. In the absence of information identified as compulsory, the Hotel may not be able to register a reservation and manage any complaints made by the Customer.
3. The Customer's personal data collected by the Hotel is processed within the meaning of the amended Act of 6 January 1978 on Data Processing, Data Files and Individual Liberties for the purpose of executing the Contract, managing reservations, payments and invoicing, and sending information. The said processing is declared to the CNIL and the Customer's personal data is kept for the time necessary to provide the service and monitor the commercial relationship and/or for the time necessary to enable HOTEL DUQUESNE SA to comply with its legal and/or regulatory obligations.
4. The Customer's personal data collected must be communicated to third parties (in particular the manager of the reservation platform and the company in charge of the secure payment site) so that the services can be provided. Some of these third parties may be located abroad. These third parties may only use this data for the same purposes. The third parties have undertaken to take all the necessary security measures to guarantee the confidentiality of the Customer's personal data.
5. The Hotel reserves the right to use the Customer's personal data for its own marketing purposes by sending the Customer information about its products and services, in particular by e-mail, unless the Customer expressly objects at the time the personal data is provided or at a later date by contacting the Hotel at the address indicated on the Web Site.
6. The Customer has the right to access, modify, rectify, object to and delete any personal data concerning him/her by contacting the Hotel, whose contact details are provided on the Web Site.
XIII. Evidence agreement :
1. Entering the required bank details and accepting these general terms and conditions and the voucher or booking request constitutes acceptance of the hotel contract between the parties, which has the same value as a handwritten signature.
2. The computerised records kept in the computer systems of HOTEL DUQUESNE SA shall be kept in reasonable conditions of security and shall be considered as proof of the communications, orders and payments that have taken place between the parties.
XIV. Force majeure:
HOTEL DUQUESNE SA may not be held liable to the Customer in the event of non-performance of its obligations resulting from an event of force majeure on French territory.
Similarly, the Customer may not be held liable towards HOTEL DUQUESNE SA in the event of non-performance of its obligations resulting from an event of force majeure. Are considered as force majeure or fortuitous event those usually recognised by the jurisprudence of the French Courts and Tribunals, and French positive law.
XV. Applicable law:
1. These General Terms and Conditions of Sale are governed by French law.
2. This applies to both substantive and formal rules.
XVI. Entirety :
1. These General Terms and Conditions of Sale, the conditions of sale of the fare booked by the Customer, and the acceptance of the confirmation of the booking request express the entirety of the obligations of the parties.
2. No general or specific conditions communicated by the Customer may be incorporated into these General Terms and Conditions.
3. The documents forming the contractual commitments between the parties are, in decreasing order of priority, the booking request (including the special conditions of the fare booked) which has been validated by the Customer and these general conditions.
XVII. Changes/modifications to the general terms and conditions of sale :
These General Terms and Conditions of Sale may be amended and/or supplemented by HOTEL DUQUESNE SA at any time. In this case, the new version of the General Terms and Conditions of Sale will be put online. As soon as it is put online, the new version of the General Terms and Conditions of Sale will apply to any new reservation on the Website.
XVIII. Consumer mediation:
You may have recourse to a consumer mediator under the conditions set out in Title 1 of Book VI (Article L. 111-1 6° of the French Consumer Code) by writing to the following address: Médiation Loisirs & Voyages - BP80303 - 75823 Paris 17 or by e-mail to http://www.mtv.travel/je-saisis-le-mediateur/.)
Terms and conditions updated on 24/05/2023